Craving a heart warming and immune boosting soup? This recipe will give you exactly what you need during these cold winter days. Miso- fermented condiment and a good source of electrolytes. Shiitake- reduce inflammation and cholesterol. Wakame- source of iodine.
Ingredients (for 2 people):
125g Mie Noodles
1 carrot (chopped)
200g celery (chopped)
1 spring onion
3 tbsp Miso
2 tbsp roasted sesame oil
1 tbsp vegetable stock
200ml coconut milk
Salt and Pepper
1. Place a big pot with water on a medium heated stove. Adding the, chopped carrots, celery, broccoli, shiitake and vegetable stock. Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
2. In a separate pot add some water, bring it to boil and add your Mie Noodles. Let it simmer for 6-8 minutes.
3. Once the vegetables are soft, add the coconut milk, lemongrass, wakame, ginger and spring onions. Let that boil for another 10 minutes.
4. Now add the miso, roasted sesame oil, salt and pepper.
5. Place the drained Mie Noodles and soup in a bowl and top it off with some fresh chopped coriander.