Having that chocolate cookie craving? We have you covered with this simple yet healthy chocolate cookie recipe. Crunchy cashews meet dark cacao, which raises mood-lifting serotonin and provides age-fighting antioxidants.
65g coconut oil (melted)
85ml oat milk
40g flaked cashews (plus extra for the top)
100g dark chocolate
40g cacao powder
2 tbsp cashew butter
160g coconut sugar
180g buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
Large pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°, fan setting.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, cacao powder, flour, baking powder, flaked cashews and a small pinch of salt.
3. Pour in the almond milk, coconut oil and cashew butter and mix well until thick mixture forms- I find it easiest to do it by hand.
4. Add in chocolate chips (I just chop bars of dark chocolate to make chunks) and mix again.
5. Shape the dough into balls, rolling them and then gently pressing them down (puck shape).
6. Place the cookies onto a baking tray. Space them out evenly (as they will expand).
7. Bake for 10 minutes. Once cooked, leave the cookies to cool for 5 minutes and sprinkle some crushed cashews on top.